An in-home dog sitter is responsible for taking care of your dog when you’re away from home. They will care for your dog and provide companionship.
Hiring a dog sitter to stay in your home will give your dog comfortable, personalized, and convenient care.
The duties of a dog sitter can vary depending on the needs of you and your dog, but generally include:
- Feeding and providing water: A dog sitter will make sure that your dog has access to fresh water and is fed according to your instructions and daily schedule.
- Exercise and playtime: A dog sitter will take your dog for walks on-leash. They will play with them, and provide exercise and stimulation so your dog does not get bored while you’re away.
- Administering medication: If your dog requires medication, a dog sitter will make sure that any necessary meds are given at the right times each day.
- Cleaning up after the dog: A dog sitter will clean up any messes that your dog might make, including accidents and tracking in dirt.
- Basic grooming: A dog sitter can towel off your dog after a swim or rainy walk, and can also brush their coat. Be sure to show them where you keep your pet’s brush!
- Providing companionship: A dog sitter spends time with your dog. They will provide affection, attention, and companionship so your dog does not feel lonely.
- Home care: A dog sitter can help care of your home during extended stays, such as bringing in the mail, watering plants, and turning lights on and off.
The specific duties of a dog sitter will vary depending on the needs of you and your dog. Don’t be afraid to ask for their help with more than just pet care!